Non-cash donations can come in many shapes and sizes. Ideally, we would be looking for gifts of property and/or equipment that would be new, but in some situations used would be acceptable as well. Possible examples of what could be donated include the following:
- Toys that could be distributed to children battling cancer (new only)
- Artwork that could be auctioned off to raise money for programs
- Low dollar value items to put in the CHEO Treasure Chest (new only)
- Tickets to events/hockey games etc…
- Operational items that would allow us to reduce overhead
- Miscellaneous gift items that can be used as door prizes / auction items at events (new only)
Recent statistics indicate that 31% of us re-gift (and do it an average of 3 times) so why not donate that unwanted item to a great cause in support of kids with cancer!
A tax receipt could be issued for these types of donations provided that the Fair Market Value of the item in question can be easily & accurately determined.
Donation of professional services can also be an extremely useful gift as it could provide direct benefit to our target market (kids battling cancer) either by offering a service to them at a reduced or no cost, or by providing professional services to our foundation, thereby allowing us to reduce overhead costs. Possible examples of donated services include the following:
- Media (Advertising)
- Medical (Dr./R.N. support at outings/events)
- I/T support
While donated services are very important and much appreciated, unfortunately they do not qualify for an income tax receipt under current CRA guidelines.
For either of these types of non-cash donations, please contact us in advance.